Food safety refers to the conditions and practices that preserve the quality of food to prevent contamination and food borne illnesses it also referred to as food sanitation and hygiene. In Australia, all food establishments are required to implement food safety at home systems. One person in each food business is required to undergo basic food safety training. The basic safety training consists of:
- Inhibiting the growth of bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
- Problems with product packaging such as leaks in packs, damage to packaging and diseases spread by pests.
- Food handling – these includes re-packing, food storage, packaging, cleaning, sanitizing and delivery
- Personal hygiene
- Serving customers who are at risk of allergies
- Sanitation and proper storage
Food poisoning is a serious matter. It can cause serious health problems and sometimes death. Food poisoning is caused by poor handling of food making it susceptible to bacteria. Particular groups of people are at more risk in food poisoning. It is paramount to prevent food poisoning. Here are a few general guidelines to do so:
- Foods that came from animals such as meat, dairy products and eggs are cooked thoroughly or pasteurized. Check the temperature of the food using a thermometer
- Never eat spoiled eggs or meats. Be sure to verify the expiration date of meat and eggs before purchasing them
- Transport food items correctly
- Better buy fresh products and ensure its quality
- Wash your hands, knives and chopping boards thoroughly with warm water and anti-bacterial soap
- Wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly
- Ready to eat foods should be cooked until the recommended temperatures are achieved
Getting Help for Food Poisoning
If you or someone you know feel bad after consuming a particular food, it is better to see a doctor right away since they know the proper medication and report the incident to your local health authority so that they can investigate the situation.
Four Safety Tips for Home Food Safety
- Wash – The simplest way of avoiding bacteria in your kitchen and onto your food is by washing your hands and washing your cutting boards, utensils and dishes thoroughly.
- Separate – Separate the ready to eat foods from raw meat, poultry and seafoods because bacteria can spread through cross contamination.
- Cook – Food is safely cooked when it reaches an adequate internal temperature that kills the harmful bacteria that may cause food poisoning. Don’t rely on colour, texture and taste when cooking. The most reliable way to check if the food is cooked is by using a thermometer.
- Refrigerate – Cooling foods slows the growth of illness causing bacteria and keep them out of the temperature danger zone. Perishable foods left unrefrigerated for 2 hours can cause food poisoning. Refrigerate promptly and correctly.
At the end of the day common sense plays a significant role when it comes to food safety. The well being of your goodself and the people around you is literally in your hands.
Discover the perfect wedding with G’DayChef Catering Melbourne. Wedding catering specialists in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia who provide modern and high quality fresh food services for all events.
Learn more about us by visiting http://www.gdaychef.com.au – visit our official foodie blog at blog.gdaychef.com.au
One of the most special nights of your life, when you join your fate with your loved one and Catering Melbourne will help you to share with your guests. There are many ways by which you will be able to thank the people who have joined you on your special night and the food you put on the table is the best one.
Menu you can choose from G’dayChef Caters melbourne should be one of the best and you have to use a lot of unique products that everyone will enjoy. One of the things that you should keep in mind that there is always someone who is not happy with it, but as long as you do your best, you will satisfy most of the guests as well.
One of the best options that you have in the hands of Australian food Melbourne. We all know, Asian cuisine is one of the best and delicious on the planet and there are many delicious dishes you can go to good. But make sure you get the best results from it, you should refer to the provisions, which will rise to power all your queries.
One of the things that you should do in the first place to check out a menu of Asian cuisine Melbourne will put on the table. The ingredients used for this purpose should be among the best, if you want to impress your guests. Duck, lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops, quail and many other things of this kind can be the first choice for creating menus.
Chefs who cook for you to get to all of your requests, and so you will be confident in the Asian supply Melbourne will fulfill its purpose. You will have some of the most amazing dishes on the table. Not only they look like works of art, but they also will taste like a piece of heaven, and it will impress everyone at the wedding.
But now, all you need to do is find a caterer that will live up to all your queries. If you do not want to deceive you, you should take the time to learn all you can about who you will choose and so you go for the best. The first source can be switched on, To know more about catering Melbourne is the wedding food web.
The first site that you should visit if you want to find the best caterer is gdaychef.com.au This is a site where you will find a large number of menus you can choose from and each of them is a symphony of flavors that will delight the taste buds of every guest. They will enjoy the evening much better when they serve these dishes.